Sunday, April 13, 2008

Stuck


It is no secret that I have gained alot of weight with this pregnancy. i knew that my fingers were gaining weight, but didn't think much about it until i realized that my once loose rings were now so tight that i couldn't hardly even turn them around. B/c i am having a C-section, i have to have them off during the delivery. I tried everything from soaking it in ice water to rubbing crisco on it, but there was no budging. It started getting to the point where my finger was turning red because of poor circulation, so I had the rings cut off. i have worn them for 11years, so not having them on gives me that feeling you get when you forget your purse... you feel as though you forgot to put on a major piece of clothing that morning. Even though it has been about 4 days since i had it done, the indent where the rings were is still there. it looks quite odd. Ginnie is all worried that people won't know that i married.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww! Don't feel bad April! With all of my pregnancies I had to take my wedding rings off for at least the last month. With my last 2 pregnancies, I had to take them off for the last few months! I know the feeling you are talking about. I just bought a really pretty ring in a larger size for $6 that looked like a wedding ring and wore that.

Unfortunately, even though Luke is 4 months old now, I still haven't lost all my baby weight. Sniff, Sniff! I can get my wedding rings on but they are snug...too snug for my comfort. So I still haven't been wearing them. I'm still wearing other rings on that finger.

When my mom was pregnant with me, her hands did the same thing but her fingers never went back to normal after she delivered. She couldn't get her ring off since she was pregnant with me until it broke off this past year...and I'm 30 years old! Yikes!

Jennie Bender said...

I think we have all had that problem. Why are you going to have a c-section?--I haven't talked to you lately at all!!! You don't have too much further to go, and you always loose it so quickly, so don't be worried--you are looking GOOD! He must be rotten to do all this to you aready=)

Jennie

Anonymous said...

I remember not wearing mine once when I was big and pregnant...and worrying that people would think I was big and pregnant and not married!

It is a good idea to go buy a bigger ring that looks like a wedding ring...you should try that. :)

Alicia Reagan said...

I am in agreement about the "fake" wedding ring also. I have an old stand-by that I pull out when mine get snug. By the way, you look swollen - not fat - and that is a huge difference! Oh, just a tip - when you go to Wal-Mart to get your cheap ring, just have it in your mind that you want one that is round and gold. That way, you won't have to stand and look at them for an hour and a half trying to decide which one to buy. I won't be around to help you!:) I am just teasing you. I had so much fun with you in Joanne's!!