Thursday, August 28, 2008

Christmas in July

You know that feeling as a kid, when you thought Christmas morning would never come? Well, that is how I have felt about the day of closing on our new house, BUT IT HAS FINALLY ARRIVED! We will officially be home owners of TWO houses. Hopefully, that will be short lived. We need to sell our current home and quick. The day of two mortgage payments is fast approaching. Good thing we have a heavenly Father who "owns the cattle on a thousand hills," cause we sure can't afford it. :) It actually has worked out great that we can stay in our house, cause there is some work that needs to be done, and it would be a pain to have to live in the mess. There is so much pain and suffering around, but God has been so gracioius to me and I thank Him so much.

7 comments:

Jennie Bender said...

Congratulations on your new home!

Alicia Reagan said...

Glad you got your home April! Praying for your family!

Empty Arms Held High said...

Ginnie and Andrew's comment on my post made me cry! How sweet! That is so wonderful of you to encourage your children to encourage others. It was a huge blessing! I miss them so much! Your children are so lovable! How is school going? I don't like to talk about that bitter topic...I'm so jealous of Mrs. Padgett! :) haha

Jennie Bender said...

Looking for you email my friend.

It is probably on Shane's LaCie, which is on the blink and I can't get to anything on my hard drive right now!=( Can you send it to me?
Thanks.
Jennie

lottfam said...

TOM! I can't believe it's you! Lately, I've gotten the bug for finding old friends mostly due to Facebook. I've also been browsing through friend's blogs and links they have to see how other people decorate their blogs. We just started one and it needs help (www.inthelifeofalott.blogspot.com). I think I found you through Heidi Schatz' blog -- she is best friend's with my husband's cousin's wife (Tim & Kelsey Lott). My husband grew up with and went to the same church as Dan for years. Strangest thing, the other day I was thinking about Senior trip and how you, Greg, Brandon and I took a picture with Sylvestor Stallone's handprints!?! Honestly, I don't know what made me think of it!
I just saw your parents, Shannon & Joey at the CBC 50th anniversary. It was so good to see so many people from the past.
Now I'm just rambling . . . this made my day! You have a beautiful family. Wow does your oldest boy look like Joey or you (I don't think I knew you that young). Congratulations on your newest arrival! I'll be praying that your house sells!
Janelle (Hosey)

lottfam said...

Thanks for getting back with me April . . . the photo editing program I use is www.picnik.com -- it's free and I love it! Your picture are very good! I also wanted to share a couple other things . . . looks like you know Brian & Niki Lott too. Niki started this great blog that has been such a blessing. If you haven't seen it, you can look it up at www.coffeelotte.blogspot.com. For future reference, if you all want to contact me, you can email me at lottewl@juno.com. We don't make it to TN much, but if we do, we'll look you up. I thought I caught a glimpse of Tom & the kids a couple years ago when we were there for Tim's graduation, but I wasn't sure if that was him since I didn't know where you guys were living . . . Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new home April! I KNOW the overwhelming feeling of it all...but it's a good feeling to have! We will be Knoxville in December - I hope to see you!