Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Gatlinburg

We were able to spend a couple days in Gatlinburg this past week. I was a sucker and let Wingate Resorts talk me into buying a few nights in a hotel for really cheap in exchange for listening to them trying to sell us a time share. (We did this about two years ago, you'd think that i would have learned my lesson.) Because we had four kids, the only hotel that they could put us up in was the Garden Plaza in Galinburg. I looked them up online, and saw that it is a very nice hotel, but they allow pets - YUCK. I called them and found out that the only rooms that don't allow pets are the childrens suites - they have a small little room with a bunk bed for the kids, but it was going to be an extra $30 plus tax a night. Well, that was going to be an another $100 and i didn't want to spend that, so i called Wingate and they said that they would pay the extra part. I found out later that the childrens suite is $200 a night ($600 total plus tax) and we got 3 nights and only paid $109 total. What a blessing. What is more of a blessing is that the person that did the presentation DID NOT PRESURE US. If you have ever been to one of these things, you know that they make you feel that you are the scum of the earth and that you don't love your children cause you won't buy them a vacation for the rest of their lives. Our guy was just a college student doing his internship with wingate and he realized from the beginning that we were there only for the great deal on the hotel room and the $50 gift card. He said that he had to go through the presentation cause it was required and just to act like we were interested. It was a very painless meeting.

My parents met us in Sevierville and we ate together at the Olive Garden. Afterwards, we took the kids to the park and let them play.

Ginnie was scared to cross the monkey bars.


Look at my moms face. :) I am sure that it had nothing to do with all the extra weight that she was pushing. :)




Andrew wanted to go shoot the ball so bad. He is becoming a regular little sportsman.

5 comments:

Empty Arms Held High said...

I MISS YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awww, how fun for you guys. I'm still praying for your house to sell. I know, we need to visit, don't we?

wilkersonhome said...

LOVE all the pictures! So glad you had an easy time-share recruiter, too! Looks like you had a great time!
Can't wait to see pictures of your new place!

Stephanie Fowler said...

It looks like you all had a great time. Love to see those pictures with your parents too.

Tabatha said...

I'm with you on the suckering! Hey, cheap is good, free is better! Looks like fun all around! Miss y'all!