Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Praise the Lord

As you read in my earlier post, we have been looking for a house. We have looked for about 4 months now and nothing stood out to us... until last week. Our real estate agent found a house before it even went on the market and took us to see it. I immediately fell in love with it. When looking for our house, I had several desires. Tom thought that I was too picky, but I didn't want to settle for second best. I didn't want to live in a subdivision, I wanted a dead end road, I wanted some land - at least a 1/2 an acre, but preferably and acre. I wanted to be near the stores, I wanted a fireplace and a bigger kitchen. I wanted to be near to my parents and i didn't want to lose my carpooling for school. I GOT EVERYTHING THAT I PRAYED FOR. We found a house about 3 1/2 miles from my parents, 1/2 mile from super walmart/home depot and the grocery stores. It has an acre and 1/2 of land, it is on a dead end road - we're the last house on the road and i have a ride for my kids to school every morning. The amazing part of the story is that we put our offer in and it was denied because someone outbid us, but God miraculously gave us another chance to have a second offer accepted. Even if it was accepted, our chances were slim, because the other people had the opportunity to try to work it out on their end first. Their real estate agent said that they were going to be able to work it all out, but we found out this morning that they couldn't and that the house was ours. Because the chances were so slim, I didn't think that it was going to happen, but God chose to bless us despite my lack of faith. I have so much to be thankful for. Please pray that we sell our current house - two mortgages would NOT be fun. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you guys! God always has a plan!

Ski's Lady said...

How is the house for sale going??