Monday, July 21, 2008

House For Sale

Our house, officially, goes on the market today. We have loved our house, but with four children, we decided that we have outgrown it. We bought it as a fixer upper and alot of hard work and sweat has gone into this house as we have done all the work ourselves. A special thank you must go to my Dad, because he has spent many hours over here helping us work and teaching Tom things like construction, wiring and everything that goes with remodeling. We have tore down walls, painted, remodeled bathrooms, replaced all the molding and doors, put in a new kitchen counter and backsplash, new driveway, landscape work, 20x16 shed (tom built from a house that was being torn down.) added a room down stairs, fenced in the yard, reconfigured the back deck, added a retaining wall, new carpet, new heating and air, new water heater...the list goes on and on. Once you have put that much time and work into a house, you get quite attatched to it. As much as i will enjoy a bigger house (we hope to make an offer on one tonight), I am going to miss this house very much. Especially, all my fruits and gardens that i have planted. I have strawberries, blackberries, rasberries, fig tree, plum trees... I can replant, but starting all over is such hard work and it will be a year or so before you see fruit again. I can't complain, the house that we are looking at has plenty of yard space for anything i want to plant. There is 1.58 acres. The back yard is big enough to have a full fledge baseball game without breaking any windows. :)

Please pray that house sells quickly, Well let me rephrase that, pray that if our offer is accepted on the house that we want, our house sells quickly, so that we aren't left homeless. :)





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kinda bittersweet, I know. I'll be praying with you.

Anonymous said...

Praying with you!

Alicia Reagan said...

Helping you pray!!!

Empty Arms Held High said...

I will pray that the Lord will work everything out for you! Love you!

Anonymous said...

April,I am glad to hear of your offer being accepted on your new home. Adam and I are thinking of buying in October. Keep us in your prayers.