Monday, October 20, 2008

Missions Banquet

As most of you know, Tom and I are helping out in a small little church here in town, so we aren't going to Temple anymore. Despite not being a member, we knew that we would be attending the missions conference at Temple. I love how it brings missions to light for the children and the adults as well. Each night before the services, the kids go to the Great Hall at the college, where there is a small little "world" set up. Each continent is represented with buildings, people and food from that culture. There are also people dressed up as missionaried from times past, who talk with the kids and tell them about their ministry. The kids talk about it everyday and can't wait to get there in the evenings to have their passports stamped at the different countries. It is a fun time for all.
Here are the pics of the kids dressed up in their outfits for the international banquet that was held on Saturday night.










Here are some pics of the kids in their international outfits.

3 comments:

Patty Johnson said...

Dear April,
I love missions conference time at Temple. Being a kid at heart the world mission village has always fascinated me! So you guys are workign in a different church now? That's great! We hope everything is going well. I'm excited about your new house. You'll have to post pictures on your blog soon! By the way, this is Patty Johnson. We used to work with you in 2nd hour and now we are in Michigan where my husband, Josh Johnson is working at the assistant pastor. If you need a face to go with the name you can look at my blog thejohnsonsinmi.blogspot.com. Well, we will talk to you later! That's wonderful about everything the Lord is doing in your life!
~Patty

The Bryants said...

Precious pictures of the kids all dressed up! I hope all is well with you...just stopping by to say "hi."

A {Perfectly} Pampered Mama said...

April, can you send me your email address? I have something I would like to ask you. Thanks,Esther

Demdewey@juno.com