On tuesday, we also met Joe's (Tom's brother) girlfriend, Susannah. They came up from CT. Joe is working at the college with Bro. Jim Townsley for the summer and this keeps him closer to Susannah, who lives in RI. ;) More wedding bells ringing next summer.
We had alot of fun this week, but one of my favorite things was going to the ocean and seeing the light house. When we lived in NH and family or friends came to visit, we always took them to Nubble Lighthouse. It was the last working light house to be lived in in the United States. It is very picturess. The kids had alot of fun in the water.
Looking at the shells that the kids had found.
Andrew sunning on the rocks - trying to warm up.
Tom's parentsThe kids spent most of their time looking for shells. Many of the shells had live creatures in them.










Nubble Lighthouse in Maine.
Tom's parents live about 2 mintues from the Manchester International Airport. The planes fly right over their house. Wow, are they ever loud! I took the boys to watch them land. Planes have always fascinated me. I think that I may have enjoyed it more than the boys did.
Watching for the planes to circle around and come in for a landing.



While at Grammy and Grampy's house, the kids enjoyed playing outside. So many times, you hear that children now days don't know how to use their imaginations. I don't want that to ever be said of my children. Playing good ole fashioned guns made out of sticks is always a favorite.



Can't you feel the sand between your toes?

6 comments:
Love your pictures. What a beautiful place to visit. It seems so strange to see you guys in jackets on your summer vacation! Great job...
ap
Great job on the pictures! You did a great job sharing your vacation with us. It does look like a great place to visit. I am with Angela on seeing you in jackets on your summer vacation???
What a fun trip! Once we went and stayed on Jeckyl Island near Brunswick, GA. It had a lighthouse nearby and the wind about blew you to death! I was really scared up at the top of the lighthouse...I thought it was going ot blow me off. Caleb was a baby and Jimmy was holding him. I kept saying "Hold him tight!!"
I love to look at lighthouses. They are so pretty. I'm glad you all had a fun time!
Great pictures, April! Hopefully, we can take the family to New England one day (maybe when it's warmer :). It looks beautiful.
I see you put the picture of you and Tom on your header. That's awesome, now you've got everybody up there (well, except for Emma and Annie, as my kids would point out). :o)
Oh yeh, I should put their pics on there. As they say in New England, "Good Idear."
Post a Comment