Sunday, July 8, 2007

2 Weeks Worth of Events July '07

For those of you who want to know the truth, I am making myself blog b/c all my friends are up todate with theirs and i am several weeks behind. OK, it's out. I told the truth. I really don't want to be doing this right now, I would rather be looking at other people's blogs, scrapbooking (which i haven't done in months), reading a book, making a rhubarb/strawberry pie - no, i'd rather be eating it :) Anyway, once I have posted, i will be happy that i took the time to do it.

Let's see, where to start? I guess I can start where I left off with my last blog...

The week after we went to NH, the kids had swimming lessons. One of the families in the church, the Carsons, offered the use of their pool and their girl's swimming instructor. There were 5 kids in all the week that we went - Ginnie, Andrew, Aaron, Abby and Cassy. This will be the last year for the boys going with the girls. I don't know how much they actually learned, but they did have such fun in the water. Miss. Anna (Ah-nah) was so patient with them. At a later time, I will share a quite funny story that involved Steph and I and the Carson's two very LARGE chocolate labs, Buddy and Maggy. I am waiting to get pics of the dogs, so you can picture our trama even more. :)

Getting ready to do the "Superman" These noodles became a permanant fixture of the boy's body.
The kids were jumping off the diving board. Abby is a very good swimmer and decided to jump and then swim across to the shallow end. Monkey see monkey do...Ginnie also had to try it, but soon needed help (she isn't that great at swimming :) Thank goodness for a true friend who will come to the rescue. Ginnie hung onto Abby for dear life. It was quite funny.

I just wanted you to see how beautiful the back of the Carson's home it.

June 30, 2007

This is the day that we had our church picnic. It is always such fun. The highlight of the whole day, not only for the kids, but for the adults as well, is the water balloon fight that Pastor has each year with all the kids. He works them up during the church services, telling them that they are going to get soak, but in truth, by the end, he is soaking wet and the kids may have a few sprinkles on them. They all love it!

The adult all line up to get to see a rare glimps of Pastor in a less formal attire. :0)



Abigail, Abby and Ginnie having fun watching Pastor get wet. Their age group already got him wet.

I just thought that this picture was sweet. They were holding hands and I didn't tell them too.

July 2, 2007
Andrew lost his first tooth. Last year, Andrew would come home from school telling me, oh so dramatically, that another friend lost their tooth and that he was "never going to lose his teeth". It was a happy day when he discovered that he had a loose tooth. It took several months to come out, but it finally became loose enough for him to pull out his own tooth.

We have a pillow that is shaped like a tooth, to put your tooth in for the tooth fairy, but we couldn't find it, so he put it on his lamp. The next morning he found a whole dollar. :) He knows the tooth fairy is not real.



July 3, 2007

World's Fair Park

My friend, Lynn Vaught and I took our kids to the water park. They had so much fun cooling off in the water. Lauren, Tyler and Matthew brought water guns for Ginnie, Andrew and Aaron and they had alot of fun getting each other "more wet".

I thought that this was a great picture of Tyler and Lauren.


Andrew and Aaron dualing.


Aaron filling up his water gun.

Making sure that it was filled to the "very top"

Lauren and Ginnie playing with one of the 30 beach balls that we won b/c Tom and I won a drawing that the bank had. We gave the rest to the Camp Moriah.

After the water park, we went to the Suns Sphere.

In 1982, The Sun Sphere was built for the World Fair that was held here in Knoxville, TN. After many years of being shut down, it was reopened today and the admission is FREE. Now that is a word that I understand fully. :) It was amazing going up there and viewing the city 360 degrees. I was alittle scared at first, but soon I was caught up in seeing all the familiar landmarks.



View of the water park that we were just at.

ok, I am caught up, until tonight b/c andrew is getting baptized. If I don't forget my camera, I will blog that too.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking you had given up blogging! It was so exciting to see Andrew get baptized tonight...when Pastor said his name, the kids said, "Is that Andrew???"

You did a good job catching up on all your recent activities. Lots of fun...too bad it feels like it's all starting to wind down.

Stephanie did a good job matching perfectly with the water at the Carson's pool...haha!!!

ap

thefaulkfamily said...

I am so sad! We did remember to bring our camera when Andrew was baptized, but didn't realize how low are batteries were. Scott Hooks asked Tom to take pictures of the other people being baptized...this drained our batteries completely. We didn't get one picture of Andrew. I am glad that the other people will have pictures, but not at our expense. BOO HOO. :) I really wanted to blog it. When we got home, I did take a picture of him.

Stephen Troell said...

I really like the idea of the three photos to show the whole Knoxville Sunsphere. Keep the photos coming.

Stephanie Fowler said...

Great job catching up! I don't know about you having to keep up with the Jones' :) I'm glad you felt that way. Who knows when we would have heard from you!

Love all the pictures and detail. Can't wait for that funny story with the dogs!

The picture with Abigail, Abby, & Ginnie makes me laugh. It looks like two giants next to Ginnie :)

Great job! Keep it up! Great to see Andrew baptized. Sorry about the batteries :(

Alicia Reagan said...

April, I am proud of you for blogging! You know, we are only in this becasue of peer pressure anyway so it only reasons we have to keep up now!:)
I love all of your pictures. I would love to take my kids up the sunsphere sometime.
That pool makes me want jump in it and the gorgeous house looks like a set from a movie.
Caleb lost his first tooth last night and I didn't think about getting a picture but now I will.
I am excited for you about Andrew getting baptized. Isn't is thrilling when our children obey the Lord?

Anonymous said...

Okay, I hate to be the one to tell you, but it's time to post again!!!! ;0)

ap

wilkersonhome said...

Hi, April,
You have company in having to play "catch-up" on the good ole blog! I am there!

It was good to see you in passing while home.

I enjoy keeping up with your family here!

Have a great day!
Jeri Lynn

wilkersonhome said...

April,
If you send me your email, I can send you my blog address. Jeri Lynn
mjlwilkerson@juno.com (no need to publish this comment) :)

Anonymous said...

Okay now, your next blog title will have to be "One month of Events." hint, hint ;o)